A new 6-storey, 50-unit rental building is coming to our on reserve Tsleil-Waututh community. The new housing will be located in the new community subdivision, along Spa-ath Road.Funding is supported through BC Housing’s Community Housing Fund, and will serve an urgent need for affordable rental housing for our community members. Over the coming months, Public Works will work with BC Housing to meet the project deliverable and it is anticipated that construction will start in late 2022. We will also ask for your input on the project’s design and keep you updated as this project comes to life!
The communal spaces in the building will include:
- Lobby and Multipurpose Amenity space located on Level 1.
- Kitchenette and washrooms attached to multipurpose space.
- Common laundry room(s) located on main level, or on every other level.
- Washrooms, Mail, Admin support located on Level 1, or as requested by the client.
- 19 parking stalls located under the building, including 4 accessible stalls.
- 25 parking stalls located at grade, level on the south side of the building.
- Bike and Mobility Scooter parking.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Water, and Janitor’s Service Rooms.
- Garbage and Recycling services located on-site.
By providing a mix of 1–4 bedroom homes and rental rates, the project aims to support the diverse needs of membership, with a focus on seniors, families, and keeping multi-generational households together.