Our Lands Registry handles all registration and records interests or licenses—such as assigning subleases, mortgages and mortgage discharges—on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands, under the TWN Land Code.

Contact Information

The TWN Lands Office Operates Monday-Friday from 8am-3pm

Send all applications to register or record interests or licenses to: 

Tsleil-Waututh Nation Lands Office
3178 Alder Court
North Vancouver, BC   V7H 2V6
P: (604) 929-3454
F: (604) 929-4714
Email: lands@twnation.ca


Title Searches & Obtaining Copies of Documents and Survey Plans

We can provide copies of Parcel Abstract Reports (Title Searches), other registered documents, and Strata Plans with payment of the appropriate fees (see our Fee Schedule in Section 3 below).

 To request a copy of a document(s), please complete and submit the Lands Document Request Form to the TWN Lands Office by email at lands@twnation.ca. You may also submit both payment and a complete Document Request Form to the TWN Administration Office reception desk. Please note, that during the COVID-19 outbreak we request that as much business as possible be completed online.

If you require more information about document requests, please contact: 

Deanna B. George
Lands Registration & Data Management Clerk
Phone: (604) 929-3454 
Fax: (604) 929-4714
Email: lands@twnation.ca


TWN Land Registry fees apply for registering or recording interests and licenses on Tsleil-Waututh Nation reserve lands, and to obtain copies of parcel abstract reports (ie. land title searches) and survey records.

*Please note: Registration and Document Copy fees must be paid separately from Property Transfer Tax. 

Fees are required when requests are submitted, or documents will not be processed:

  • Please make all cheques payable to the “Tsleil-Waututh Nation

TWN Registration Forms

It is mandatory to attach TWN registration forms to all written instruments. BC Land Title Forms will not be accepted.

TWN-01 – Transfer of Interest in Allotment or Certificate of Possession
TWN-02 – General Instrument (Subleases, Discharges, Death Certificates etc.) – Part 1
TWN-03 – Mortgage – Part 1
TWN-04 – Other Registerable Instruments (Certificates of Pending Litigation etc.) – Part 1
TWN-05 – Schedule (as an attachment to TWN forms)

Property transfer tax information and forms can be found here.

Document Submission Process

  • Please submit ONE (1) original document (lease, assignment, mortgage, etc.) with the correct TWN Registration Form and appropriate fees.
  • Please note, you do not need to submit Parcel Abstract Reports OR Insurance Papers.
  • Please provide a cover letter with a contact email address for all transactions.
  • Please ensure the signature line for “Signature of Applicant, Applicant’s Solicitor or Agent” is signed. Unsigned forms cannot be registered and we cannot act as your agent.
  • It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all forms are completed correctly. We are not responsible for any errors on submitted documents. 
    • Incomplete forms will not be accepted 
  • Please include a “Certificate of Legal Advice” with all Assignment of Subleases.
  • Once the document has been processed, you will receive an email with a tracking number.
  • Once the document has been registered in the First Nation Land Register System (FNLRS), you will receive an email confirming the registration number, along with an electronic copy of the registered document.  
  • Please either drop off or mail your ONE (1) original document to:
    Tsleil-Waututh Nation Lands Office
    Attn: Manager of Lands
    3178 Alder Court
    North Vancouver, BC   V7H 2V6
  • Should you require an original copy, please send two in your package along with a prepaid self-addressed stamped envelope.

The typical turnaround time for processing applications for registration is three business days.

Assigning Sublease: Certificate of Independent Legal Advice

Under the terms of existing head leases, every Assignment of Sublease must be accompanied by a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice. Any references to “Her Majesty” should be replaced with the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.

First Nation Land Register System

The Tsleil-Waututh Lands Registry is a sub-registry of the First Nation Land Register System in Ottawa. FNLRS is a database related to reserve lands under the Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management Act.

Tsleil-Waututh Nation Land Code

Under the TWN Land Code 2007, the Lands Office carries out all registering and recording interests or licenses (for example, assignments of subleases, mortgages and mortgage discharges) on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands.

Homeowners’ Corporations & Share Certificates 

Each market housing development on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands is governed by a Homeowners’ Corporation. To process a property transaction in one of these developments, the purchaser has to obtain shares in the relevant Homeowners’ Corporation. Share Certificates can be obtained by contacting the Homeowners’ Corporation.