The Lands Office in the Public Works Department issues the following types of permits on TWN reserve lands:

  • Land use permits
  • Natural resource harvesting permits
  • Development approval permits 
  • Building permits
  • Archeological permits

Public Works also oversees land-related TWN Laws and Bylaws and civic infrastructure.

For more information or to request a permit, contact us directly at

Building Permits

Part 9
Certified Professional Program

The Certified Professional (CP) Program is an alternative to the conventional Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) process for building permitting and monitoring of construction. As part of this alternative process the CP provides their professional assurance to the AHJ that they will take all appropriate steps to ascertain that the design will substantially comply and the construction of the project will substantially conform in all material respects with the fire and life safety, and accessibility aspects of the building code, other applicable safety enactments, and the related development permit.