Our Lands Registry handles all registration and records interests or licenses—such as assigning subleases, mortgages and mortgage discharges—on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands, under the TWN Land Code.

1. Contact Information

Send all applications to register or record interests or licenses to: 

Tsleil-Waututh Nation Lands Office
Attn: Manager of Lands
3178 Alder Court
North Vancouver, BC   V7H 2V6

P: (604) 929-3454 ext. 4187
F: (604) 929-4714

The TWN Lands Office is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.


2. Title Searches & Obtaining Copies of Documents and Survey Plans

We can provide copies of Parcel Abstract Reports (Title Searches), other registered documents, and Strata Plans with payment of the appropriate fees (see our Fee Schedule in Section 3 below). Please contact:

Deanna B. George
Lands Registration & Data Management Clerk
P: (604) 929-3454 ext. 4171
F: (604) 929-4714
E: dbgeorge@twnation.ca

Please note: We have a three-business-day turnaround time.


3. Fees

TWN Land Registry fees apply for registering or recording interests and licenses on Tsleil-Waututh Nation reserve lands, and to obtain copies of land title searches and survey records.

Fees are required when requests are submitted, or documents will not be processed:

  • Schedule of TWN Land Registry Fees
  • Please note GST is already INCLUDED in the fees
  • Fees are payable by cash, money order or cheque
  • Please make all cheques payable to the “Tsleil-Waututh Nation”


4. TWN Registration Forms

It is mandatory to attach TWN registration forms to all written instruments (BC Land Title Forms are no longer acceptable). 


5. Document Submission Process

  • Please submit one original document (lease, assignment, mortgage, etc.) with the correct TWN Registration Form and appropriate fees.
  • Please note, you do not need to submit Parcel Abstract Reports, Insurance Papers or Affidavits. 
  • Please provide a contact email address for all transactions.
  • Please ensure the signature line for “Signature of Applicant, Applicant’s Solicitor or Agent” is signed. Unsigned forms cannot be registered and we cannot act as your agent.
  • It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all forms are completed correctly. We are not responsible for any errors on submitted documents. 
  • Please include a “Certificate of Legal Advice” with all Assignment of Subleases.
  • Once the document has been processed, you will receive an email with a tracking number.
  • Once the document has been registered in the First Nation Land Register System (FNLRS), you will receive an email confirming the registration number, along with an electronic copy of the registered document.  

The typical turnaround time for processing applications for registration is three business days.


6. Assigning Sublease: Certificate of Independent Legal Advice

Under the terms of existing head leases, every Assignment of Sublease must be accompanied by a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice. Any references to “Her Majesty” should be replaced with the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.

  • Sample of a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice 


7. First Nation Land Register System

The Tsleil-Waututh Lands Registry is a sub-registry of the First Nation Land Register System in Ottawa. FNLRS is a database related to reserve lands under the First Nations Land Management Act.


8. Homeowners’ Corporations

Each market housing development on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands is governed by a Homeowner’s Corporation. To process a property transaction in one of these developments, the purchaser has to obtain shares in the relevant Homeowner’s Corporation.

How to obtain a share certificate is determined by the lawyer acting for the Homeowner’s Corporation. You should contact the lawyer and ask what’s required. Generally, you’ll need the following:

  • Transfer and Assignment of Share Agreement
  • Original Share Certificate executed on the back to indicate the transfer
  • Copy of Registered Assignment of Sublease
  • A transaction fee

We recommend being familiar with the terms of the head lease for each development, as the purchaser is responsible for meeting all of its provisions.


9. Tsleil-Waututh Nation Land Code

Under the TWN Land Code Summary, our Lands Office carries out all registering and recording interests or licenses (for example, assignments of subleases, mortgages and mortgage discharges) on Tsleil-Waututh reserve lands.

Close Menu