Please note: This is a permanent, full-time position but with lay-off during summer time months
Reporting to the Teaching Principal, the Teacher is responsible for planning, preparing, and delivering differentiated instruction to all students at Tsleil-Waututh Nation School using research- based instructional strategies in collaboration with the Teaching Principal. The Teacher is an active member of the Community Development team and follows the education work plan, strategic goals and objectives and the overall vision of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation. The Teacher participates in community and cultural events, strengthening knowledge and understanding of Tsleil-Waututh Nation history, culture and traditional territory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Planning, preparing and delivering stimulating face-to-face lessons to the students, as determined by the timetable in a collaborative, co-teaching environment;
2) Create an environment of active and genuine learning;
3) Ensuring all content is culturally appropriate, sensitive and significant. Consulting with community members, community leadership, and elders with regards to culture and language, as necessary.
4) Employing a range of teaching strategies to successfully implement the curriculum;
5) Ensuring the needs of all students are met by adapting the curriculum as needed;
6) Ensuring all lessons are adequately planned,organized, and differentiated in order to ensure the education needs of students are met;
Documented Evidence Of:
- BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate
- Exemplary teaching qualifications, experience, and training as a Secondary Teacher
- Current and solid knowledge of BC curriculum
- Ability to teach multiple subjects in Grades 8-12 in an interdisciplinary classroom setting
- Successful experience in literacy and numeracy instruction, response to instruction and intervention strategies, principles of universal design, and positive behavior support
- Effective use of summative and formative assessment to support student learning, with a focus on project-based learning
- Successful experience implementing programs and IEPS for students with complex learning needs
- Exemplary team-teaching experience in a multi-age learning environment, leading students in activities that promote physical, intellectual, and social development.
- Experience personalizing learning in a multi-age secondary learning environment
- Experience using appropriate technology to support educational programs
- Exemplary behavior management and organizational skills and an ability to develop rapport with secondary students
- Experience working in inclusive environments supporting learning for all students
- Must undergo and successfully pass a Criminal Record Check – vulnerable sector.
If this role interests you, please click on the link below to view the full job description and directly apply:
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this role, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.