Under the direction of the Takaya Tours Manager, the Takaya Tours Assistant is responsible for general office and operations of the Takaya Tours. Customer service is a priority, and this position is the first point of contact for members accessing services and information for Takaya Tours. The Tours Assistant is responsible for providing a warm and professional welcome to all visitors in person, phone and email contact. This includes providing accurate and timely information, and directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff. This position supports in a variety of administrative and operations capacities to ensure Takaya Tours runs smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet tourists, answer phone calls, describe programs, assist with inquiries of local tourism suppliers (accommodations, food and beverage, attractions, parks and other activities to retain visitors in the region)
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email and front-line service
- Assist with online and in-person bookings
- Assist with processing payments accurately and submitting invoices
- Conduct regular inspections of equipment to ensure that all equipment is in good and safe working condition for programs.
- Ensure the safe storage, maintenance and longevity of the canoes and kayaks
- Ensure that all participants and staff are wearing PFDs while on the water, at all times.
- Aid in training and development of staff
- Follow safe work procedures to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and self.
- Assist with scheduling staff for tours, rental equipment and schedules
- Communication with program staff regularly and effectively
- Keep proper files and other relevant documentation of day-to-day operations
- Support Takaya Tours Manager, and assist front of house staff, including moving equipment for client use
- Perform other related tasks
- Completion of Grade 12 and certificate in Office Administration, Tourism or related field an asset
- Experience working in tourism, administration, outdoor equipment shops or customer service
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and able to receive and implement direction
- Emergency First Aid an asset
- Successful completion of criminal record check
- Valid BC Driver’s License
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Google forms. Will be trained on reservation software, accounting procedures and social media platforms
- Able to lift 50 lbs. (mostly with assistance with wheels)
- Strong sense of safety awareness and attention to details is required
- Enjoys working outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to manage various tasks and level of priorities
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Knowledge of kayaking and ability to describe the specifics of our programs such as; what is included, risks, route itineraries and benefits of the experience
- Knowledge of other local tourism opportunities to assist with trip planning and retention of visitors in the area.
- Ability to assist the Manager and other staff in the team with operational duties as required including lifting and moving canoes, kayaks and paddleboards as a team.
- Working knowledge of computer and office equipment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; extensive use of manual dexterity, provide verbal communication and active listening skills.
Alert with surroundings and quick problem solving, critical thinking skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and busy.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you*