The survey interviewer will be responsible for participating in any training provided on specific survey instruments and processes and then recruiting, scheduling and conducting interviews with members of the working age population (age 15 and up) in the community. The survey focuses on current and previous employment situations, education, and skills levels of community members. Interviews will be conducted either in-person, virtual or by telephone. Laptop will be supplied for this project. Cell phone allowance maybe applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow computer-assisted interview modules and/or paper-copy interview guides.
- Establish contact with potential respondents for interview by telephone, virtual or in person.
- Set up appointments with potential respondents to conduct the interview.
- Conduct interviews following the outline of the questionnaire either in person, virtual or by telephone.
- Record answers on paper or enter directly into a computer database.
- Compile the interview data and other data into reports and lists.
- Check information collected for completeness and accuracy.
- Code information collected and enter data into database.
- Wiling to participate in job-related workshops, courses or training to further skills, knowledge and competencies as required.
- Must adhere to Tsleil-Waututh Nation policies (i.e., confidentiality, code of conduct & conflict of interest, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated flexibility, openness and cooperativeness
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Personable and easy going attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong organization skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Discretion and emphasis on protection of confidentiality of information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit, requires extensive use of manual dexterity, and provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at a computer for long hours.
*This is a term, full-time position.*
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.