Under the direction of the Principal, the Receptionist is responsible for general office and administrative duties of the School. The Receptionist is responsible for providing a warm and professional welcome to all visitors, students, and staff members, in person, via phone, email and social media contact. This includes providing accurate and timely information, and directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff. This position supports with a variety of administrative, coordinating and communication capacities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being the first impression at TWN School
- General reception activities including; greeting TWN members, guests, students, and staff, preparing, receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, and directing messages in a timely fashion
- Receiving and responding to requests, including facilitating client intake, registration, and service delivery processes
- Provide individualized quality of care to each client recognized the socio-economic barriers and challenges some students, clients and community members face.
- Interface with all clients, staff and internal and external partners with respect and professionalism.
- Engage with all people in a positive and compassionate manner, with the ability to de-escalate and respond effectively to highly sensitive situations, following safety protocols and appropriate reporting procedures as necessary
- Ensuring the overall office environment is in order
- Maintaining schedules and calendars for events and meetings
- General office upkeep of meeting rooms, kitchens and common areas
- Order and maintain office supplies, first aid, and kitchen supplies
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment, liaises with vendors on behalf of the department, and evaluates and recommends goods and service providers based on the organization’s office needs, this can include: office supplies, first aid, food and kitchen supplies
- Completion of Grade 12 and certificate in Office Administration or related field an asset
- Experience working in a similar capacity, ideally within First Nation community and/or social service setting
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and able to receive and implement direction
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and communication skills
- Must successfully pass a criminal record check
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Highly efficient multi-tasker who can juggle multiple priorities with the ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Display excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy with ability to de-escalate conflict, manage difficult or emotional situations with a positive solution focus, listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to ideas and trying new things
- Demonstrate capabilities to respond proactively to team and client needs and requests with strong awareness of policies, procedures and ability to guide and assist actively as needed on next steps
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to develop routine reports and correspondence and support all departments with general administrative tasks
- Demonstrate excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) on Macs and PCs
- Demonstrate knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation community and culture an asset
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g., Printer, Copier and Scanner)
- Display a strong interest in growing and developing as a member of the TWN work family
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; extensive use of manual dexterity, provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at computer for long hours.
This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by distressed visitors, tight deadlines, quick problem solving, and the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at any given time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and busy.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.