We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Referrals Analyst to join our Treaty, Lands and Resources team.
You are a detailed-oriented critical thinker who thrives in a growing, fast-paced work environment. As a Referrals Analyst, you have environmental and/or resource management expertise and act as a liaison with Crown governments, agencies and proponents. In this critical role, you will work as part of a team to:
- Review and analyze referrals in accordance with the Tsleil-Waututh Stewardship Policy
- Assess potential impacts that proposed development projects and policy changes may have on Tsleil-Waututh’s Aboriginal rights, title, and interests
- Facilitate the review process of referrals in a team setting
- Provide support to Tsleil-Waututh staff in the monitoring of project applications, including project administration, budgeting and organizational tasks
- Represent Tsleil-Waututh on project files and build relationships with external agencies and proponents
- Support the Consultation and Accommodation Manager in all other tasks
This person is a driving force behind Tsleil-Waututh’s multi-disciplinary assessment of referrals within the territory. If you think you would excel in this role and fit well into a team environment, then we’d love to hear from you!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (environmental sciences and/or resource management preferred) plus two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- May consider alternate combinations of education and relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the current and historical culture of the Coast Salish peoples.
- Understanding of Aboriginal rights and title, particularly in the context of B.C.
- Experience with First Nations consultation and negotiations processes an asset.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
WHY WORK FOR TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION?
Training and career development
Business casual office
Community fitness & gym access
Comprehensive group benefits plan & pension plan
Modern and new office building (Coming soon)