- This position is Casual (on Call) – one-year term, with possibility of extension.
Reporting to the TWN Office Manager, the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact and acts as our TWN ambassador by providing excellent customer service and assistance to members, guests and staff in person, by phone and email. Duties will include providing accurate and timely information and directing all inquiries to the appropriate departments and staff. This position supports in a variety of capacities from reception to event coordination and helps the Office Manager ensure that the office runs smoothly at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Being the first impression at TWN
- General reception activities including; greeting TWN members, guests and staff, preparing, receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, and directing messages in a timely fashion
- Ensuring the overall office environment is in order
- Maintaining schedules and calendars for events and meetings
- General office upkeep of meeting rooms, kitchens and common areas
- Order and maintain office supplies, first aid, and kitchen supplies
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment, liaises with vendors on behalf of the Company, and evaluates and recommends goods and service providers based on the organization’s office needs, this can include: office supplies, first aid and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate distribution and collection of security key cards and office keys
- Arrange catering for teams and events on an as needed basis
- Partnering with teams across the organization to optimize processes
- Assist the Office Manager in coordination of and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Under direction of the Office Manager assist all departments with a wide array of general administrative tasks as required
- Support Office Manager in coordination of travel arrangements for the management team
- Completion of Grade 12
- Certificate in Office Administration or related field an asset
- Three+ (3+) years’ experience working in a similar capacity, ideally within First Nation cultures and relevant post-secondary education
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and able to receive and implement direction
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Validate a solid work ethic
- Proactive and displays a strong interest in growing and developing as a member of the TWN work family
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly efficient multi-tasker who can juggle multiple priorities with the ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Display excellent interpersonal skills –. Must possess tact and diplomacy with ability to deescalate conflict, manage difficult or emotional situations with a positive solution focus, listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to ideas and trying new things
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to develop routine reports and correspondence and support all departments with general administrative tasks
- Demonstrate excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation culture an asset
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g., Printer, Copier and Scanner)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; extensive use of manual dexterity, provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at computer for long hours. Assist with setup and takedown of folding furniture for special events.
This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by distressed visitors, tight deadlines, quick problem solving, and the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at any given time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and busy
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply
Visit our TWN Career Centre at:
Or send your cover letter and resume to: