In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and in collaboration with all TWN departments, the Proposal Writer facilitates the research, development, review, and editing of proposals for funding and support that will benefit the community; conducts basic research for potential funding sources; and maintains databases while supporting administration in developing proposals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates, reviews, and edits proposals; conducts library and electronic research; compiles data; inputs and retrieves data via computer
- Conducts research on potential funding sources; maintains contact with external agencies
- Develops and transforms ideas into grant proposals, serves as a liaison between Tsleil-Waututh Nation and grant agencies
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants; may collaborate with various internal departments
- Coordinates project activities; prepares and processes letters and correspondence, presentation materials, and manuscripts; maintains funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- Researches governmental, foundation, and corporate grants
- Researches grant programs and plans and writes funding applications
- Conducts interdepartmental meetings to identify and prioritize project needs, coordinate and research grant preparation assignments
- Edits draft applications for accuracy, completeness, and clarity and submits all applications in accordance with grant/loan requirements
- Provides timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures; collaborates in defining and implementing project funding strategies
- Provides assistance in resolving issues and conflicts with funding agencies
- Prepares grant applications for submission and prepares quarterly or annual reports as required by granting agencies
- Reviews revenues and expenditures, and the project status, to ensure that proper expenditures are made for grant projects
- Establishes and maintains relationships with funders
- Writes, submits, and tracks grant applications
- Generates compelling narratives for funding applications and reports
- Develops project descriptions and evaluation plans
- Gathers budget materials for applications and ensures compliance with funding requirements
- Oversees reporting requirements for grants and contracts.
- Handles confidential financial records and grant materials with great discretion
- Regularly reports in writing about all grant search and application activities
- Analyzes new strategies for income and provides written recommendations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, or a related field
- 2 years of experience in grant/loan funding or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skill, knowledge, and ability necessary to perform the tasks
- Successful completion of criminal record check
- Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of grant application process and the writing of applications
- Knowledge of loan documents to track the disposition of funding with project managers and funding agencies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to take initiative and use innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing grant/loan applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders, as required
- Ability to research available grant opportunities
- Ability to work flexible hours for research
- Ability to travel when required for research and training
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects
- Ability to develop, write and implement strategic plans and ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data
- Significant desk work with long periods of manual dexterity activities (keyboard operations, filing).
- Synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Remain calm, professional, objective and constructive, even when faced with hostility.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Adherence to established timelines, systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and focus on client service.
- Rapidly changing priorities with innovation and resourcefulness.
- Respond quickly to reassignment of priorities.
- Travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Long periods of time reading and researching
If you are interested in this role, please click the link below to apply,
Or, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
-We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.-