Note: This is a Term, Full-time role (end date: Jun. 30, 2021) JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Teaching Principal, the Pre-Employment Intern will have the opportunity to work in four rotations over the employment term. Rotations include: office administration, cultural programs, language, and TWN school. Interns are responsible for completing a variety of office and research-based tasks related to operations in the Community Development Department. Through the mentored work placements, interns will participate in culture curriculum development, work with youth attending TWN school, and learn about office skills and how to apply them in a company setting. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate fully in the internship program rotation.
- Perform office reception duties.
- Proficiently use technology to communicate, collect and analyze data, and compile reports to of efficiently report information and communicate in a timely manner.
- Assist the Language and Culture and Education Departments
- Lead and supervise outdoor learning opportunities, to ensure that a safe learning environment is maintained at all times;
- As this position is externally funded, you must be a First Nations youth aged 15 to 30 ordinarily resident on reserve or in recognized communities or on community lands to apply;
- You must not be in school, either full or part-time;
- Unemployed or underemployed youth preferred;
- Interest in learning hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ or Sḵwx̱wú7mesh sníchim;
- Cultural competency;
- Experience and/or post-secondary education and training in Indigenous Education;
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs;
- Good oral and written communication including the ability to keep clear and accurate records;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Sensitivity and empathy;
- Demonstrated ability to listen well and communicate effectively both orally and in writing with discretion, tact, courtesy, and professionalism;
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, staff, parents and the community;
If this role interests you, please click the link below to view the full job description and directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org