*This is a temporary, full-time position, 4 months length, possibility of extension *
The Grounds and Facilities Worker is assigned to multiple duties related to the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of TWN facilities, housing, and grounds. Their role includes setup/teardown of equipment, a variety of construction/maintenance tasks, and various custodial duties. Varying work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Custodial and minor maintenance duties on buildings, houses, equipment, and facilities
- Grounds keeping duties, such as collecting and removing garbage, cutting and trimming grass and other plants, maintaining trails, planning, watering and weeding, pressure washing, sweeping, leaf collection, and snow removal
- Safely operate and maintain small equipment such as lawnmowers, weed eaters, saws, drills, etc.
- Minor electrical and plumbing assessments, carpentry and miscellaneous repairs and maintenance
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment
- Design and arrange furniture and equipment set up/take down for miscellaneous events
- Provide labour assistance to trades persons and others
- Work independently and as part of the Public Works Department team
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12, or willingness to complete within an agreed period of time
- Formal training in custodial or construction training considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in grounds keeping, landscaping, construction or another occupation related to the position
- Previous experience with min or electrical, plumbing, flooring, roofing, carpentry, mechanical or other related repairs
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be willing to complete job-related training, including Level 1 First Aid/CPR certification and WHMIS certification
- Valid BC Driver’s License required
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to safely operate light duty equipment and tools related to position
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and maintain records as required
- Able to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers
- Able to deal courteously with the public
- Able to work independently and to show initiative and independent judgment.
- Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation traditional territory an asset.
- Basic working knowledge of Micros oft Office programs, or willingness to learn within an agreed period of time.
- Work in g know ledge of basic practices, methods, materials and tools used in construction, custodial and grounds keeping duties.
- While performing duties of the job, the individual is required to stand, walk, lift and reach for extended peri
- Stress may be cause d by the nee d to complete tasks within tight deadlin
- Work environment may be loud at tim
- Interacts with management, employees, com muni ty members and the general public.
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.