Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the IT Network Administrator is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, networks and mobile devices. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operation difficulties: Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions then test and implement the solution.
- Install/configure/maintain servers, workstations and notebooks, networks, cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; perform configures and upgrades to routers/firewalls, network printers, and related equipment.
- Plan and implement network security, including anti-virus/firewall configuration, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Purchase hardware/software items as needed.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures, ensuring timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Maintain Nation servers (DNS, DHCP, VPN, VMWARE, FTP, SQL express, Exchange email server + Google Postini, networked printers).
- Maintain Active Directory (maintain user accounts and passwords) and troubleshoot issues.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Modifications to webpage/html/ASP documents as directed.
- Maintain Nation mobile devices.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, IT or related field plus a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- May consider alternate combinations of education and relevant work experience.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
- Must be willing to participate in job-related workshops, training, seminars and conferences to upgrade skills and training as required.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Record Check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Industry certifications preferred – e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification, A+ Comptia certification, Cisco certification.
- Advanced computer skills are required including experience with Synology NAS servers, network Print devices, blackberry, Exchange server, AVG Admin Console. HTML programming is an asset.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, openness and cooperativeness, good communication skills; willingness to learn and ability to take direction from more than one supervisor and to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems in a culturally appropriate manner and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation culture and traditional territory an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows Server technology domain servers, Exchange servers 2010, SQL Database Servers, Terminal Servers, VMWare and Active Directory.
a) Physical Demands
- Significant desk work with long periods of sitting and manual dexterity activities (keyboard operations).
- Lifting or moving computer equipment, supplies or materials up to 25lbs may be required.
b) Mental Focus
- Must be able to effectively deal with stressful situations as many of the clients are frustrated and require immediate assistance.
- Must remain calm, professional, objective, and constructive.
- Must model adherence to established systems and processes.
- Highly-developed ability to work under pressure.
c) Environmental Conditions
- Dynamic environment with multiple demands, changing priorities and constant interruptions.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Engagement with staff, management and external contacts.
HOW TO APPLY