Please come and join our Finance team for an opportunity to help in the implementation of a new Payroll and HR system! It is an exciting project and your role as part of our team is to assist Payroll and HR system implementation as well as assist with other accounting tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare uploading template with data from the old system.
- Analyze data from the new system to ensure proper upload.
- Assist with testing the new system to ensure proper implementation.
- Assist and prepare/post journal entries.
- Assist in processing documents across accounting functions.
- Will be assigned additional responsibilities as required in the accounting function and system implementation.
- A degree or working towards a degree in Finance or Accounting, Business.
- Co-op or internship experience in a finance or support related role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office Products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong problem solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Effective communications and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word programs.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- a) Physical Demands
- Significant desk work with long periods of manual dexterity (keyboard operations, filing).
- b) Mental Demands
- Required to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. The office may be noisy and busy making it difficult to concentrate.
- Stress may be caused by tight deadlines, the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at certain times of the year. This could cause some stress when attempting to prioritize tasks and deal with multiple staff at the same time.
- c) Environmental Conditions
- Typically the incumbent works in a comfortable office environment. May be noisy at times.
WHY WORK FOR TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION?
Training and career development
Business casual office
Community fitness & gym access
Apply by email with your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mail your Resume to: Tsleil-Waututh Nation Human Resources
3178 Alder Court, North Vancouver, BC V7H 2V6
Reference “Financial Analyst Intern” in the subject line.
Please also indicate “Self-Identified”, if you are voluntarily identifying yourself as First Nations or Aboriginal.
We thank you for your interest in advance.
Please be aware that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.