Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Finance Assistant must comply with established policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an organized filing and records system for all appropriate documents (Cheque requisition with invoices, bank statements etc).
- Produce monthly accounting reports from accounting system.
- Provide customer service, accepting payments or providing refunds.
- Contact individuals and organizations with delinquent accounts.
- Enter timesheet to ADP system
- Provide assistance to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Perform clerical duties, such as word-processing, filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of three years (3) of related experience in accounts receivable/payable, payroll and general bookkeeping etc.
- Good knowledge of accounts receivable and payable functions.
- Previous experience with accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word programs.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
If this role interests you, please click the link below to view the full job description and directly apply:
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.