Under the direction of the TWN Office Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will be assigned to multiple duties related to the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of TWN facilities. This can include but is not limited to; assembly/setup/teardown of furniture/equipment, a variety of general handyperson/maintenance tasks and general office duties such as data entry and filing.
Flexible work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform minor maintenance and repair duties in TWN buildings and facilities
- Safely operates and maintain power tools and equipment
- Assemble, install, move and arrange furniture and equipment
- Help with setup/take down of tables and chairs for gatherings and special events
- Coordinate with and provide labour assistance to trades persons and others
- Interacts effectively with management, employees, community members and general public and stays calm under pressure
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12 (or in progress)
- Formal training in construction trades considered an asset
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience related to the position
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be willing to complete job-related training, including Level 1 First Aid/CPR certification and WHMIS certification if required
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to safely operate light duty equipment and tools related to position
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and maintain records as required
- Able to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers
- Able to deal courteously with the public
- Able to work independently and to show initiative and independent judgment.
- Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation traditional territory an asset.
- Basic working knowledge of Micros oft Office programs, or willingness to learn within an agreed period of time.
- Physical Demands
- While performing duties of the job, the individual is required to stand, walk, lift up to 50lbs and reach for extended periods.
- Mental Focus
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work environment may be loud at times.
- Interacts with management, employees, com muni ty members and the general public.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.