Under the direction of the TWN Office Manager, the Facilities Assistant will be assigned to a variety of duties related to the general maintenance, repair, and upkeep of multiple TWN office facilities including; assembly, installation and moving office furniture and equipment, general maintenance tasks and administrative duties. This position will provide backup to the Office Manager during absences and requires a flexible work schedule that may include some evenings and weekends for setup and takedown of special events. You are the “go to” person and will have excellent communication skills and willingness to help others including TWN staff, members and visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes minor maintenance and repairs as necessary to the interior of TWN office facilities as required.
- Recommends and operates basic tools and equipment needed to ensure proper repairs and maintenance to the facilities.
- Assemble, install and move office furniture and equipment/boxes or instruct external movers as required using provided dollies and carts.
- Help coordinate office moves/relocations/installations
- Setup and takedown of chairs, tables, podiums, microphones in rental or meeting rooms following customer layout (internal and external) and verify all requirements.
- Work with suppliers to request and coordinate rental equipment for meetings and events as required and manage vendor information.
- Comfortable with computers and perform administrative duties including; email, data entry, booking vendor appointments and creating documents.
- Informs staff/members/customers regarding proper use of the facility, including the grounds.
- Provides written reports of violations of policies, issues or concerns to the appropriate person/department.
- On occasion perform some duties and responsibilities of the Office Manager during absences.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of Dogwood Diploma
- Experience with general facilities maintenance, handy work and usage of tools and equipment
- Building Service Worker an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s License considered an asset.
- Level 1 Emergency First Aid – or willing to take
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours, including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to safely operate light duty equipment and tools related to position
- Basic computer software skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent customer service attitude and ability to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
- Ability to work independently and to show initiative and independent judgment and willing to learn.
- Maintain and support organizational safety standards.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Perform repetitive actions such as lifting, bending and sitting.
- Must be comfortable with heights up to 10 feet
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
- Must work within safety guidelines
- Work environment may be loud at times
- Interacts with management, employees, community members and the general public.
If this role interests you, please click the link below:
or send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Thank you.