*A cover letter is required for this role.*
Reporting directly to the Director, Health and Wellness, this role works independently and exercises initiative, judgment and problem-solving skills to complete work. The Executive Assistant assesses the complex demands of their Director’s team and where appropriate handles issues both in person and through written communication.
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides a high level of administrative support to the Director to contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Health and Wellness team. The EA is well organized and responds to issues throughout the organization, liaising with team members to follow up on action items, gathering information and providing direction on work directed by the Director.
This role handles confidential communication and at time handles sensitive information. This role requires strong organization and interpersonal skills in order to respond effectively to inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the Directors calendar including receiving and initiating requests for appointments, assessing urgency and priority of requests and scheduling meetings as required. Liaises with attendees and/or their support team to coordinate dates, times and locations.
- Collects and compiles data for the preparation of correspondence, memos, reports, including liaising with team members to identify information to be gathered, reviewing information for appropriateness and producing documentation for review by the Director.
- Coordinates meetings by arranging dates and times for the Director, collecting information/data for meeting, drafting meeting agendas, recording minutes, typing and distributing minutes indicating action items, and reviewing and following-up on commitments and issues.
- Book travel arrangements, prepare travel schedules and make reservations on behalf of the Director
- Generates a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, organizational charts, minutes and meeting agendas using a range of software packages in a professional format with minimal margin for error.
- Draft and forward emails as directed by the Director to other Directors and staff, ensuring key pieces of information are shared appropriately
- Act as the point of contact in Director’s absence with internal/external clients and community members and handles email/phone/visitor requests and queries or redirects as appropriate
- Coordinate and manage various administrative processes for the Director, including scheduling, purchasing, expense reconciliation, cheque requisitions, and internal/external correspondence
- Ensure coordination of overall departmental accountability measures, including follow through with clients, funders and other contacts
- Handles all sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Develop and maintain a well-organized hard copy and electronic filing systems, that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information, while ensuring information is kept strictly confidential
- Time and Attendance – recording, reconciling and approving (coordination of activities)
- Catering orders for the Director
- Assist with the annual budget planning process to ensure compliance and alignment with the Finance Audit Law (FAL)
- Perform other related duties as required
- Grade 12 education plus Post-Secondary Administration course training or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field an asset. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a progressively senior level support role (support of senior management)
- Full comprehension of office equipment, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated information, records and data management skills, abilities and experience handling sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
- This position is on-site a clinic, therefore, proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) at an advanced level and advanced level keyboarding skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a solution focused philosophy and ability to work with a broad range of people including staff, management, Chief and Council, community members and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a commitment to high quality work
- Ability to apply tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Must be a team player and also able to work well independently
- Self-motivated, flexible and energetic, with ability to take initiative
- Willingness to participate in work-related courses, seminars and training as required
- Self-motivated, proactive approach to work and seeks out opportunities to contribute to the company’s efficiency and success without waiting to be assigned tasks
- Creative problem solving and able to maintain high energy level
- Significant desk work with long periods of manual dexterity
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- May deal with individuals who can, from time to time, be demanding and challenging
- Must be able to remain patient and calm, and may have to engage in conflict resolution or crisis management at times
- Office environment, generally quiet but at times noise can escalate
- Interacts with community members, employees, management and the general public
Travel and Work Hours
- Occasional travel may be required
- May be required to work extended hours, evening and weekends
If this role interests you, please click the link below:
Or, send your resume and cover letter to:
-We appreciate everyone’s interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.-