Cleans and maintains TWN community buildings and grounds, and supports community centre programs events, and bookings applying community Centre and TWN building policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides trash receptacles for events, emptying and sorting trash per SHA guidelines for food waste, recycling and trash.
• Set-up chairs, tables, podiums, microphones in SHA rental or meeting rooms following customer’ layout. Verify layout and reservation requirements with renters.
• Recommends supplies, tools and equipment needed to ensure proper cleaning, maintenance and repair.
• Informs Community Centre users regarding proper use of the facility, including the grounds.
• Assist with the set-up including AV equipment and clean-up of facilities for meetings and events.
• Supports Community Centre programs and events, as directed
• Provides written reports of violations of TWN community Centre policies and accidents.
• Ensures security of the community Centre property, employees and volunteers.
• Provide questions or concerns that arise to the Recreation Programs Manager.
• Completion of Grade 12, preferred
• Minimum 1 year of previous custodial experience an asset
• Must be available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Previous working experience in a First Nations Community and/or organization is preferred
• Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers
• Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
• Ability to work independently and to show initiative and independent judgment.
• Maintain and support organizational safety standards
• Perform additional related duties as required.
• Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment.
• Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation traditional territory an asset.
• Knowledge of safety procedures related to cleaning materials and heavy equipment.
• Communication skills required to read and interpret instructions, develop documents and reports, and keep accurate service records.
a) Physical demands:
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Repetitive actions, such as lifting and bending.
• Must be comfortable with heights up to 25 feet.
b) Mental focus:
• Must be able to focus on safe use of chemical products and other safe work procedures.
c) Environmental conditions:
• Works with potentially dangerous machinery.
• Works with potentially dangerous chemicals.
WHY WORK FOR TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION?
Training and career development
Business casual office
Community fitness & gym access