Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and maintenance of all the web, graphic and social media aspects of the organization. This position works with all TWN departments and some external stakeholders with the overall goal of consistent design for Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
- Diploma in Communications, Business, Public Relations, Web Design or equivalent
- At least two years of visual design, social media and WordPress experience
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates the above
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner
- Have a high-level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Willingness to participate in work-related courses, seminars and training as required
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred
- Experience with Social Media Management, Marketing Experience, Content Creation, Graphic Design, Web Design and Strategy, Data Collection and Analysis, and Technology Skills
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create inspired visual design systems that fit the organization, i.e. websites, social media, print, environmental etc.
- Manages and updates all TWN websites as needed
- Stays current and savvy to trends in the digital space
- Monitor and update TWN social media platforms
- Assist the Communications Officer to develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies that include:
- Annual communications strategy/plan for the organization
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan for the organization
- Communication support for Council, Sacred Trust Initiative and all TWN departments
- Communication policy development
- Solutions to communications challenges
- Monitoring and evaluation of communications activities
- Support drafts, design, and mail out of annual report
- Demonstrates exceptional design ability and craft through all aspects of execution and production
- Ensures brand consistency in community engagement materials and social media messages by working with various company department members
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
- Provide guidance and direction to staff/management as to TWN brand – relevancy and consistency in communications materials e.g. notices, pamphlets, letters, and advertisements
- Attend meetings; receives and prioritizes communication tasks and keeps all parties involved of progress
- Develop and maintain well-organized filing/archival system (hard and electronic) of internal communication documents that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Research, gather and consolidate materials as required
- Identify opportunities to engage with members and staff
- Perform other related duties as required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, and experience with publishing software and Adobe
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Chief & Council, membership and staff at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a commitment to high quality work
- Demonstrated information, records and data management skills and abilities
- Solid work ethic with a strong commitment to punctuality, reliability and brining your personal best to enhance the communications department
- Strong ability to be organized, prioritize, and demonstrate competency to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation culture and traditional territory an asset
- Photography knowledge and skills
- Critical thinker and visual problem solver
- Communication skills – able to collaborate with teams to bring ideas to life, strong ability to visualize and verbalize your ideas to core team and stakeholders
- Proactive attitude skills -always bringing additional ideas to the table
- Manage a diverse workload, learn, adapt quickly and take direction from others
- Video editing skills
- Significant desk work with long periods of sitting and manual dexterity activities (keyboard operations).
- Lifting or moving audio visual equipment, supplies or materials up to 25 lbs may be required.
- Ability to take direction and occasionally work under pressure.
- Able to maintain a constructive, flexible, open, cooperative demeanor.
- Must model adherence to established systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently, change focus quickly, and pick up new tasks with minimal instruction.
- Dynamic environment with multiple demands, changing priorities and interruptions.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Engagement with membership, staff, management and external contacts.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to apply:
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.