Saturdays Only From 9:00am-6:00pm
Under the direction of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner, processing sales transactions, performing general cleaning duties, dealing with customer concerns/complaints within level of authority and carrying out other related duties as required. The CSR adheres to Tsleil-Waututh Nation (TWN) personnel policy and procedures and is committed to contributing to the team success of the TWN store operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer service – greet customers, provide assistance, answer inquiries.
- Operate computer point of sale system, visa/debit machine for sales transactions.
- Sort and stock inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness of store – wipe down countertops, sweep and mop floors, empty garbage containers and clean bathrooms as required.
- Monitor food, beverage and cleaning supplies and report low supply to management.
- Inform store manager of any customer concerns/comments that may improve operations and services.
- Carry out duties safely and with minimal supervision.
- Participate as a member of the Economic Development Department Team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent (GED).
- Previous experience in retail, sales, or service industry.
- Strong customer service skills – ability to deal with customers tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Punctual, reliable, positive attitude and able to work cohesively with a team.
- Proficient with computers and knowledge of accounting an asset.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be willing to complete job-related training including: customer service, computer/POS training.
- Must comply with TWN policy and procedures.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check.
a) Physical Demands
- While performing duties of the job, the individual is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, reach and look at computer screen for extended periods.
b) Mental Focus
- Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
- May deal with customers who can, from time to time, be demanding and challenging. Must be able to remain patient and calm, and may have to engage in conflict resolution or crisis management at times.
c) Environmental Conditions
- Generally quiet work environment but at times noise can escalate.
- Interacts with customers, employees, management and the general public.