Note: Temporary, Part-time (May – September)
Under the direction of Takaya Golf Centre Management, the Customer Service/Field Worker is responsible for greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner, processing sales transactions, performing general cleaning duties, dealing with customer concerns/complaints within level of authority and carrying out field work duties. The Customer Service/Field Worker adheres to Takaya Golf Centre policy and procedures and is committed to contributing to the team success of the Takaya Golf Centre operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer service – greet customers, provide assistance, answer inquiries.
- Operate computer point of sale system, visa/debit machine for sales transactions.
- Carry out field work duties such as ball picking, cutting grass, etc. safely and with minimal supervision.
- Remain in contact with facility users and inform management of any customer concerns/comments that may improve Golf Centre operations and services.
- Maintain cleanliness of upper floor – wipe down reception, lounge, kitchen countertops and tables, sweep and mop floors, empty garbage containers and clean bathrooms as required.
- Make coffee and turn on golf ball dispensing machine on a daily basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in retail, sales, or service industry.
- Strong work ethic, high level of integrity and positive team attitude.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Must comply with all Takaya Golf Centre policy and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends).
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills – ability to deal with customers tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Proficient with computers and software.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to follow direction and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of the game of golf preferred.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred.
- While performing duties of the job, the individual is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, reach and looking at computer screen for periods of time.
- Stress may be caused by dealing with customers who can, from time to time, be demanding and challenging. Must be able to remain patient and calm, and may have to engage in conflict resolution or crisis management at times.
- Varied noise levels from quiet to noisy.
WHY WORK FOR TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION?
Training and career development
Business casual office
Community fitness & gym access