Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, this position is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Mental Health Team. The CLS ensures the Mental Health Team produces high quality and timely mental health services/interventions using culturally appropriate practices and best practice standards of care. The position works with the Primary Care Manager; Health Manager; Recreation Program Manager and other health professionals on professional practice issues. This position is responsible for strategically planning and organizing resources for operational effectiveness and assuring that goals, objectives and service levels are met.
- A Master’s Degree or Doctorate from an accredited institution in counselling psychology, clinical psychology, or clinical social work.
- A minimum of 8 years of successful post-graduate practice in the counselling field prior to taking on a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 5 years training and / or supervisory experience.
- A current practicing license and in good standing.
- Expertise in the area of counselling, including conceptual knowledge and practical experience in the field of counselling.
- Registered member of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- Registered member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) or the British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
- A Canadian Certified Counsellor – Supervisor (CCC-S) designation or related clinical supervision experience.
- Experience working with BC First Nations organizations and communities.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness governance landscape in First Nations’ health in BC, particularly relative to mental wellness and addictions.
- Knowledge of theories, practices and principles relative to mental wellness, trauma, suicide prevention, substance use and addiction including harm reduction practices, and mental health emergency response, particularly relative to First Nations in BC, including the current programs and services available.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal/First Nations mental wellness health system needs, including mental health and wellness issues that face BC First Nations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, an understanding of First Nations cultural principles and protocols and ability to manage conflict in a respectful and culturally relevant and safe manner.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License, access to a reliable vehicle, and current auto insurance.
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check – vulnerable populations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Lead Supervisor is responsible for the clinical supervision of the Mental Health Team. The CLC will develop and maintain positive working relations in collaboration with internal Managers, external agencies and community service providers regarding these services, and, as an Indigenous health service, will support and promote a holistic approach that will work effectively with culturally and economically diverse populations.
Other responsibilities for the CLC include, but are not limited to:
- Practicing in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics of the BCACC and the CCPA.
- Implementing all policies and procedures and providing adequate oversight and monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring clinical operation(s) are delivered in an effective and efficient manner through consultative advice on clinical services(s) design, policies and procedures, management and leadership.
- Supervision of the Mental Health Team, working in collaboration with the Health Manager, Primary Care Manager and Recreation Manager.
- Supervision of practicum students which includes:
- The provision of one hour of supervision to each practicum student for every 4 to 6 hours of the student’s direct client contact; and
- Verification and support of students’ reported practicum hours and practicum documents in adherence with their post graduate academic requirements, e.g. practicum learning plans, practicum activity logs, etc.
- Development of a Community Crisis Rapid Response Team to respond to after-hours mental health crisis.
- Develop MOU’s with external service partner to complement existing services.
- Work in collaboration with the Addictions Specialist to develop programs and participate in client case management, the delivery of community workshops, etc.
- Participating in planning short and long term clinical, operational service plans.
- Maintaining effective communications and prioritizing and advising on the status of clinical services(s) objectives.
- Communicating and implementing policy changes, program developments, and company news to staff in an effective, consistent and timely manner under the direction of Operations and Product team.
- Recruiting new staff and providing mentorship and relevant feedback to team members through recognition and performance improvement to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Seek external funding opportunities, proposal writing.
- Budgeting and reporting requirements as set out by FNHA and various funders.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Models integrity, resilience, human caring, and relationship centered practice.
- Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
- Promotes client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
- Communicates effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff, students and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means.
- Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities.
- Ability to supervise employees and practicum students.
- Knowledge of TWN cultural and spiritual practices related to health and palliative care.
- Working experience in Oscar-EMR electronic Medical Record Systems, various virtual portals, Zoom, Microsoft Office, etc.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.