The TWN Bus Attendant is responsible for supporting the safe and reliable transportation of students by assisting the Bus Driver with the movement, management and care of students while they are being transported to an assigned destination as well as when they are boarding or leaving the bus.
- Is a reliable and committed member of the school bus team that supports the safe transportation of students to and from school or alternate activities on a daily basis during the school year – approximately 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (September to June). May also require working irregular hours such as weekends or during special event functions.
- Assists students with entering or exiting the bus in a safe manner
- Seat students safely using needed seat belts, car seats or wheel chair restraints, etc.
- Serve as a role model for students in demonstrating a positive attitude, good moral character and integrity. Includes role modelling safe procedures while vehicle is moving.
- Monitor students at all times to ensure safety regulations and student conduct rules are followed.
- Exercise student management through communication and discipline per Company policy.
- Document and report any violations or conduct concerns to appropriate management.
- Physically assist passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
- Ensure that student take their belongings with them when leaving the bus.
- Learn bus routes, schedules and pickup points, assist substitute drivers with directions.
- Maintain up to date log of route and bus stop changes and student day care/ pickup / drop off arrangements as well as release information.
- Assist the Bus Driver in keeping the interior of the bus clean, disinfected and presentable – daily & weekly.
- Complete all required paperwork and submit to the appropriate manager/department in a timely manner.
- Display the highest ethical, fair and professional behavior in working with fellow employees, supervisors, parents and school staff; always promoting company goodwill and being an ambassador for TWN.
- Present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Report to work on time and perform all responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Attend all assigned training, safety meetings, and in-service meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience working well with children.
- Must be safety-minded, courteous, and professional at all times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be physically able to stand, and walk extensively, as well as climb, carry, bend, kneel, and drag up to 80 lbs and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must undergo and successfully pass a Criminal record Check (vulnerable sector).