Belcarra Paddling Centre
SHOP STAFF- *This is a temporary, part-time position, up to 40 h/week, ending October 15, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure safe work procedures are always followed and maintain all equipment. Customer
satisfaction, community public relations. This job will require weekend work and shift
1. Greet tourists, answer questions and provide assistance as required.
2. Ensure the safe storage, maintenance and longevity of the kayaks.
3. Conduct regular inspections of equipment to ensure that all equipment is in good and safe
working condition for programs.
4. Follow safe work procedures to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and self.
5. Ensure that all participants and staff are wearing PFDs while on the water, at all times.
6. Maintain kayaks for use throughout operating season.
7. Be personable and helpful when dealing with clients and staff.
8. Keep proper files and other relevant documentation of day-to-day operations.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a team environment or independently
• Able to lift 50 lbs. (mostly with assistance with wheels)
• Strong sense of safety awareness and attention to detail is required
• Enjoys working outside in all weather conditions
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted