*This is a term position between April – October 2022. Hours vary depending on the needs of the business.*
-Multiple positions available-
Ensure safe work procedures are always followed and maintain all equipment. Customer satisfaction, community public relations. This job will require incumbent to work on the weekends and holidays, and shift work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet tourists, answer questions and provide assistance as required.
2. Ensure the safe storage, maintenance and longevity of the kayaks.
3. Conduct regular inspections of equipment to ensure that all equipment is in good and safe working condition for programs.
4. Follow safe work procedures to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and self.
5. Ensure that all participants and staff are wearing PFDs while on the water, at all times.
6. Maintain kayaks for use throughout operating season.
7. Be personable and helpful when dealing with clients and staff.
8. Keep proper files and other relevant documentation of day-to-day operations.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. (mostly with assistance with wheels)
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Responsible and has strong organizational skills
- Able to get to Belcarra Paddling Centre – Picnic area on time for shifts
- Strong sense of safety awareness and attention to detail is required
- Enjoys working outside in all weather conditions
- Emergency First Aid certificate an asset
- TWN Cultural knowledge is an asset
- SUP course an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Have knowledge of canoes, kayaks, canoe, and paddle boards
- Basic paddling skills
- Outgoing and friendly
- Outdoors in variable weather conditions, near and around the shoreline at Belcarra Regional Park.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you