*This is a temporary position, from April – October. Hours will vary, depending on the needs of the business.*
Under the direction of Takaya Tours Management, the Manager of Belcarra Paddling Centre will oversee day–to-day operations at the Centre. The Manager will train, develop and supervise staff at the Centre; provide Customer service as required, ensure safe work procedures are followed at all times and maintain all equipment. The Manager works with Takaya Tours management team towards the goals of: customer satisfaction, employee development, operational proficiency, community public relations and profitability. This job will require incumbent to work weekends and holidays, and shift work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet tourists, answer questions and provide assistance as required.
- Strong time management skills.
- Aid in training and development of Staff
- Ensure the safe storage, maintenance and longevity of the kayaks.
- Conduct regular inspections of equipment to ensure that all equipment is in good and safe working condition for programs.
- Follow safe work procedures to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and self.
- Ensure that all participants and staff are wearing PFDs while on the water, at all times.
- Maintain kayaks for use throughout operating season.
- Lead by example.
- Keep a productive and healthy working environment for staff.
- Be personable and helpful when dealing with clients and staff.
- Keep proper files and other relevant documentation of day-to-day operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Hire staff in consultation with Takaya Management team and HR.
- Supervise, train and mentor staff.
- Ensure probationary review and annual performance evaluations are completed.
- Develop and maintain an environment to facilitate cooperation with and amongst the staff.
- Ensure TWN Policy & Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure positive communication strategies are used with and among staff and, between staff and community members and/or families served.
- High school or post-secondary, business, or related field or a combination of experience and education
- At least 2 years’ experience in tourism industry
- Punctual, reliable, positive attitude and able to work cohesively with a team.
- Proficient with computers and knowledge of accounting an asset.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; lift heavy objects, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by tight deadlines, the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at certain times of the year.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.