The successful incumbent will report to the Manager of Child and Family Development Center and work with the team to ensure inclusive childcare programming and care planning. The successful incumbent will be providing one-to-one behavioural intervention support to children with extra support needs, as well as support individual care planning and broader capacity-building for the Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support children one-to-one who have suspected developmental delays or disabilities to participate in programming
- Create and implement behavioural intervention strategies and plans, and provide coaching support to ECE teachers to implement plans
- Participate in care planning for children with extra support needs, alongside the children’s family, ECE teachers and multidisciplinary care team
- Create resources and materials to support healthy child development
- Participate, collaborate and contribute to team meetings
- Love working with children and enjoys playing with them
- Formal education in psychology, special education, behaviour analysis or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with children
- Experience working with neurodiverse children who have special needs, complex behaviors.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization an asset.
- Early childhood educator certification, or willingness to obtain ECE certification, an asset
- Successful completion of criminal record check for vulnerable populations
- First Aid Certificate an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard-working, reliable, responsible and fun
- Have critical thinking skills
- Open to learning and getting regular feedback
- Able to stay calm, composed, positive and have great empathy
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to be physically fit to work with young children
This role can be stressful and challenging at times. The Centre can be loud and noisy at times depending on the activity or situation.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.