Under the direction of the Takaya Tours Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for general office and administrative duties of the Takaya Tours. Customer service is a priority, and this position is the first point of contact for members accessing services and information for Takaya Tours. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a warm and professional welcome to all visitors in person, phone and email contact. This includes providing accurate and timely information, and directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff. This position supports in a variety of administrative capacities to ensure Takaya Tours runs smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone calls, describe programs, assist with inquiries of local tourism suppliers (accommodations, food and beverage, attractions, parks and other activities to retain visitors in the region)
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email and front-line service
- Manage both online and in-person bookings and process payments accurately
- Organize and maintain client information.
- Manage information and inventory systems and assign program equipment
- Update social media platforms on a regular basis and engage with marketing assignments for monitoring sales and promotions.
- Schedule staff for tours, rental equipment and schedules
- Communication with program staff regularly and effectively
- Support Takaya Tours Manager, and assist front of house staff, including moving equipment for client use
- Complete website updates, general computer and office maintenance
- Maintain an organized office with complete stock of stationery and facility supplies
- Crosscheck program agendas for next day operations and ensure staff and equipment are allocated appropriately for seamless operations.
- Perform other related tasks
- Completion of Grade 12 and certificate in Office Administration, Tourism or related field an asset
- Experience working in tourism, administration, outdoor equipment shops or customer service
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and able to receive and implement direction
- Emergency First Aid an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Google forms. Will be trained on reservation software, accounting procedures and social media platforms
- Working experience with social media, posting and managing the platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage various tasks and level of priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Highly detail-oriented and ability to crosscheck work
- Knowledge of kayaking and ability to describe the specifics of our programs such as; what is included, risks, route itineraries and benefits of the experience
- Detailed knowledge of other local tourism opportunities to assist with trip planning and retention of visitors in the area.
- Ability to assist the Manager and other staff in the team with operational duties as required including lifting and moving canoes, kayaks and paddleboards as a team.
- Working knowledge of computer and office equipment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; extensive use of manual dexterity, provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at computer for long hours.
This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by distressed visitors, tight deadlines, quick problem solving, and the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at any given time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and busy.
If you’re interested in this role, please click the link below:
Or, send your resume and cover letter to:
-We appreciate everyone’s interest, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.-