*Multiple Casual Positions*
Under the direction of the Community Services Administrator, the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for general office and administrative duties of the Community Development department. Customer service is a priority, and this position is the first point of contact for members accessing programs and services in the Community Development department. The Office Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for providing a warm and professional welcome to all visitors in person, via phone, email and social media contact. This includes providing accurate and timely information, and directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff. This position supports with a variety of administrative, coordinating and communication capacities, including client intake, interdepartmental communications and facilitating service provision in response to client and staff needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being the first impression at TWN Community Development
- General reception activities including; greeting TWN members, guests and staff, preparing, receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, and directing messages in a timely fashion
- Receiving and responding to requests, including facilitating client intake, registration, and service delivery processes
- Provide individualized quality of care to each client recognized the socio-economic barriers and challenges some students, clients and community members face.
- Interface with all clients, staff and internal and external partners with respect and professionalism.
- Engage with all people in a positive and compassionate manner, with the ability to de-escalate and respond effectively to highly sensitive situations, following safety protocols and appropriate reporting procedures as necessary
- Ensuring the overall office environment is in order
- Maintaining schedules and calendars for events and meetings
- General office upkeep of meeting rooms, kitchens and common areas
- Order and maintain office supplies, first aid, and kitchen supplies
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment, liaises with vendors on behalf of the department, and evaluates and recommends goods and service providers based on the organization’s office needs, this can include: office supplies, first aid, food and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate distribution and collection office keys, alarm access codes, etc.
- Arrange catering for teams and events as needed
- Liaise with staff, supervisor, Director and other departments as necessary for office administration or other needs
- Partnering with teams across the organization to optimize processes
- Assist the Community Services Administrator, Director and management team in coordination of and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, storage, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Under direction of the Community Services Administrator, assist community services and Community Development staff with a wide array of general administrative, communication and program/event coordination tasks as required
- Support clients in accessing community services and programs, communicating and working everyone in a welcoming, positive, customer services approach
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organization and department’s programs and services, policies and procedures to ensure there is capacity to respond accurately and in culturally-appropriate and compassionate manner
- Provide administrative and coordination assistance to the Community Services Administrator and other service delivery and Community Development staff as needed
- Completion of Grade 12 and certificate in Office Administration or related field an asset
- Experience working in a similar capacity, ideally within First Nation community and/or social service setting
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and able to receive and implement direction
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and communication skills
- Display a strong interest in growing and developing as a member of the TWN work family
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly efficient multi-tasker who can juggle multiple priorities with the ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Display excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy with ability to de-escalate conflict, manage difficult or emotional situations with a positive solution focus, listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to ideas and trying new things
- Demonstrate capabilities to respond proactively to team and client needs and requests with strong awareness of policies, procedures and ability to guide and assist actively as needed on next steps
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to develop routine reports and correspondence and support all departments with general administrative tasks
- Demonstrate excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) on Macs and PCs
- Demonstrate knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation community and culture an asset
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. Printer, Copier and Scanner)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; extensive use of manual dexterity, provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at computer for long hours.
This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by distressed visitors, tight deadlines, quick problem solving, and the variety of tasks and the volume of the workload at any given time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and busy.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
-We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.-