The Administrative Coordinator will play a key role in the Consultation and Accommodation (CA) program, reporting to the Consultation and Accommodation Managers in the Treaty, Lands and Resources (TLR) department. This position will support both teams within the CA program (Environmental Assessment team and Referrals team) by coordinating all administrative tasks and needs within the program. This position will oversee the referrals intake process, coordinate travel and meetings, provide support with financial reports and budget organization, improve and suggest better systems for efficiency, and upkeep the internal-digital filing system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Referrals Intake
- Manage intake of new projects and direct correspondence to appropriate staff
- Maintain Referrals project list
- Respond to correspondence (letter, email, phone etc.)
- CA Administrative Coordination and Duties
- Coordinate schedules and calendars for events and meetings
- Manage the organization of relevant project information on the electronic filing (SharePoint) sites
- Coordinate and work with the TLR Office Manager and TWN Records Manager
- Assist in budget upkeep and other financial duties
- Attend occasional meetings and take notes
- Create invoices and cost estimates
- Support the CA Managers in coordination of travel/attendance arrangements (i.e., conferences)
- Arrange travel, accommodation, venues and/or catering for meetings and events
- Provide support with any IT needs of events and/or access to necessary AV equipment
- Set up any online/app/tech systems needed (i.e., Adobe usage, Microsoft teams, etc.)
- Other admin coordination and/or admin tasks as necessary
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Consultation and Accommodation Program as well as other members of the Treaty, Lands and Resources Department
- Completion of Grade 12
- Certificate in Office Administration or related field and/or relevant post-secondary education
- 1+ year experience working in a similar capacity, ideally within a First Nation office
- May consider a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrate an approachable, cooperative and positive nature by being a team player and is able to receive and implement direction
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work and keep oneself acutely organized
- Proactive – someone who is always a step ahead of everyone else in planning and implementation
- Display excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to develop routine reports and correspondence
- Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent knowledge of office equipment (e.g., printer, copier and scanner) as well as modern devices, technology and online spaces (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft teams).
- Knowledge of Tsleil-Waututh Nation culture an asset
- Knowledge of Indigenous rights, title and interests an asset
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit, requires extensive use of manual dexterity, and provide verbal communication and active listening skills. Will work at a computer for long hours.
This role requires the ability to manage a number of requests throughout the day. Stress may be caused by tight deadlines, quick problem solving, and volume of the workload.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment can be occasionally loud and busy. Over time, this position may also have flexibility to work remotely part-time depending on office space availability.
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.