The Community Services Administrator, under the direction of the Director, Community Development, will primarily be responsible for implementing and overseeing community programs and services, including case management system and processes, overseeing income assistance program delivery, and departmental, community and family program planning activities that are responsive to the priorities and vision of community and leadership. With a highly dynamic, engaging and empowering approach, this role will be instrumental in the capacity building focus of the department. This role will also oversee the child and family care center operations and all MCFD interactions with cohesive management strategies implemented to provide leadership and measurable outcomes for the Community Development team. The Community Services Administrator must possess a graduate degree or an advanced degree in a related field along with sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills. This role will work closely with the Director, and as needed, be called to perform duties as the Acting Director, with signing and reporting authority. Priorities will include working strategically to implement service delivery systems that are culturally-based, client-centered, and trauma-informed.
Communication |Compassionate |Accountability |Medicating and Negotiating |Cultural Accountability |Health and Safety Leadership |Coaching and Mentoring |Continuous Improvement |Managing Performance |Problem Solving |Resource and Fiscal Management |Time Management |Creative and Innovative Thinking |Decision Making and Judgment |Enforcing Policies, Procedures and Regulations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Director, community members, and Community Development team to develop strategic initiatives to identify and meet current and future program and social service delivery needs of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
- Based on direction of Director and in line with community and leadership priorities, oversee the development, implementation and updating of the service delivery sectors of Community Development policies and procedures and ensure compliance, internally and with external funding agencies.
- Working under the direction of and in collaboration with the Director, prepare proposals, reports and other comprehensive strategic organizational documents, in line with goals and priorities set.
- Working with the Director, develop, implement, review, track and report on annual work plans and budgets.
- Assist Director to develop and implement measures to review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department’s progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understand, support and uphold the vision of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation Council, Community Development Department, and community, and ensure that our programs and service delivery reflect these priorities.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with all organizational partners, Director, staff and community members, ensuring the organization is represented with the utmost integrity and accountability.
- Work collaboratively with all relevant crisis management staff and external partners to effectively coordinate crisis management and intervention, directly or indirectly, in trauma and crisis situations.
- Oversee and participate in case management, consultation, and prevention, intervention and postvention planning strategies and activities.
- Guiding and leading the community services and programs staff with service delivery and case management teams involved. Consult with relevant caregivers and significant others in clients’ lives in order to develop, reassess and implement treatment plans, strategic proactive responses to client/family needs and case plans, and working collaboratively with other teams (school, health, cultural, skills center, etc.) when appropriate.
- Oversee Child and Family Care Centre, providing leadership to ensure sustainable daycare operations that reflect the needs of the growing community.
- Ensure the administration of the income assistance program aligns with social development funding policies and processes and updating as per annual guidelines as necessary.
- Lead strong communications, engagements and reporting and technical support as needed to the Director and other managers, directors, council, community and external partners and funding agencies.
- Implement into policy community services practices the maintenance and modelling of appropriate boundaries with clients, and refrain from involvement with client personal affairs or other business that may constitute a conflict of interest.
- Maintain positive relationships with other service providers, including but not limited to MCFD social workers, medical staff, corrections officers, and the RCMP to ensure that the best interests of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation and its members are paramount.
- Implement tracking mechanisms and client filing systems and compile caseload statistics and prepare program and client reports and present to Director and others as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of and strategic accountability to external regulatory bodies governing the organization and update program plans, priorities, policies and procedural documents as necessary.
- Provide dynamic supervision and leadership to the social services team, coaching and determining strengths and improvement areas for employees, providing additional training and development as needed.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards and deliver a high standard of quality and equitable care to community members, creating and following client/student/family plans accordingly.
- Strong working knowledge of work plans, budgets, programs and service delivery and implementation strategies and expectations of the Director and TWN leadership.
- Ability to proactively respond to the needs given the Coast Salish history and socio-economic factors that impact TWN community generationally.
- Other duties as required.
- Supervise, train and mentor staff.
- Ensure probationary review and annual performance evaluations are completed.
- Develop and maintain an environment to facilitate cooperation with and amongst the staff.
- Ensure TWN Policy & Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure positive communication strategies are used with and among staff and, between staff and community members and/or families served.
- Graduate degree or an advanced degree in a related field
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in a related industry
- Certifications or licenses appropriate to industry an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Experience with coaching and employee development
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
- Interaction with employees, management, and the community
- Interaction with others under varying circumstances, including situations of a highly sensitive nature
- Occasional overtime may be required including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holiday’s in emergency situations
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and supporting clients on occasion
- Attendance and conducting of presentations
- Safety precautions due to proximity with hazardous materials and/or contagious diseases
If this role interests you, please click the link below to directly apply.
Or send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We appreciate everyone’s interest in the role, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.